Welcome to the Illinois web theme
Experts from various colleges and departments across campus have shared their knowledge and skills through an iterative process to develop the Illinois Web Theme with the following goals:
- available for use to all UIUC entities
- utilizes brand-compliant web design patterns to create consistency across campus websites and unify departments under the singular University of Illinois brand
- compatible with widely used CMSs and can be deployed via campus solutions including cPanel and PIE as well as your own hosting options
- incorporates ready-to-use web layouts and components
- meets WCAG AA standards for accessibility to ensure an inclusive experience for all users
- responsive across platforms and devices
A cross-campus collaboration
The Web Implementation Guidelines Group (WIGG) is a collaborative partnership across campus-wide web development, information technology, accessibility, and design teams.
WIGG includes experts from departments including:
- Applied Technologies for Learning in the Arts & Sciences
- Administrative Information Technology Services
- College of Agriculture, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
- College of Education
- Grainger College of Engineering
- IT Accessibility
- The Office of Strategic Marketing and Branding
- Student Affairs
- Technology Services
Want to get involved with the Illinois Theme project?
Join in the monthly Teams meeting
Get updates to the system, new releases, and future plans from WIGG steering committee members. Join the WIGG Monthly Conversation meeting on the last Monday of every month at 11 am.
Sign up for announcements
To receive future notices about toolkit releases and WIGG announcements, please subscribe to email@example.com by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “subscribe illinoiswebtheme” or provide your email address for the Campus Web Theme List.
Share your feedback
Testing, testing, and more testing. If you notice any issues with the web theme, accessibility, or just want to suggest some new features, please submit them in the feedback form.