The WIGG-WordPress group is intended to bring together those interested in deploying and developing WordPress websites at Illinois in order to create common practices, codebases, and support documentation.
- A regularly updated WordPress theme that is available to all units on PIE, cPanel, and in stand-alone form.
- Gutenberg blocks to implement a variety of design pattern pieces from the Design group in WordPress
- A community of WordPress developers and support people to further the usefulness of WordPress on campus.
- Raise awareness of WordPress as a web publishing tool.
- wordpress.webtheme.illinois.edu – documentation website for using and deploying this WordPress theme to campus hosting options
- A regularly updated WordPress theme that is available to all units.
- Working with developers of other active campus themes to remove or deactivate as current options for Illinois users in PIE.
- Identifying functionality, plug-ins, tools or needs of their theme to switch over to the new Illinois theme.
- Identifying new functionality needed for the theme.
- A community of WordPress developers and support people to further the usefulness of WordPress on campus
- Supporting individual units’ development and special-function needs within WordPress
- Supporting individual WordPress sites and site administrators
- Managing the campus “push button” PIE and cPanel services
- Melissa Waller, ACES (chair)
- Anthony Blanton – Crop Sciences, ACES
- Bryan Jonkers – IT Partners at Education
- Cordelia Geiken – Tech Services
- Gregory Parks – Crop Sciences, ACES
- Julieanne Chapman – Tech Services
- Martin Lamping – Tech Services
- Robert Slater – Tech Services
- Todd Mette – Public Affairs
There are several ways to join the project.