Campus Website Theme Updates Presentation
Web Implementation Guidelines Group
The Web Implementation Guidelines Group (WIGG) is a collaborative partnership across campus-wide web development, information technology, accessibility, and design teams.
Steering Team/Today’s Presenters
College of LAS
College of ACES
Strategic Marketing & Branding
What are we doing?
- Leveraging and encouraging a community of web builders
- Expanding campus brand standards for web
- Creating a design system and library for website elements
- Creating building blocks (Web Components) to be used on any website
- Integrating blocks into several CMSes (WordPress and Drupal)
- Creating themes and installation packages for campus hosting tools – making it FREE and EASY
What’s new in the last 6 months?
Building and inserting more components to level the playing field across CMS platforms.
- Clickable Cards
- Image Feature
- Video Feature
Just as important…..
Each of the pages that we just looked at has a documentation link.
Drupal on cPanel using Illinois Web Theme
WordPress on Publish/PIE using Illinois Web Theme
WordPress on cPanel using some components
Additional options using some components
What is in development?
- Call to Action
- Section Page Hero
- Page Intro
- Feature Box
What is in the backlog?
Last I checked…….another 20-30 items give or take
How do I keep up?
The two things we ask of you:
- Use the theme
- Submit your feedback
- Ask in Teams
- Submit a feedback form
- Email any of the Steering Committee Members