Campus Website Theme Updates Presentation
Web Implementation Guidelines Group
The Web Implementation Guidelines Group (WIGG) is a collaborative partnership across campus-wide web development, information technology, accessibility, and design teams.
Steering Team/Today’s Presenters
College of LAS
College of ACES
Strategic Marketing & Branding
What are we doing?
- Leveraging and encouraging a community of web builders
- Expanding campus brand standards for web
- Creating a design system and library for website elements
- Creating building blocks (Web Components) to be used on any website
- Integrating blocks into several CMSes (WordPress and Drupal)
- Creating themes and installation packages for campus hosting tools – making it FREE and EASY
What’s new in the last 6 months?
Building and inserting more components to level the playing field across CMS platforms.
- Clickable Cards
- Image Feature
- Video Feature
Just as important…..
Each of the pages that we just looked at has a documentation link.
Drupal on cPanel using Illinois Web Theme
- Agricultural & Biological Engineering – abe.illinois.edu
- Food Science & Human Nutrition – fshn.illinois.edu
WordPress on Publish/PIE using Illinois Web Theme
- Bevier Cafe – beviercafe.illinois.edu
- Redline Collection – publish.illinois.edu/redline-collection/
WordPress on cPanel using some components
- Technology Services – techservices.illinois.edu
- Marketing – marketing.illinois.edu
Additional options using some components
- College of Education – education.illinois.edu (SiteFinity)
- The Grainger College of Engineering – grainger.illinois.edu (Site Manager)
What is in development?
- Call to Action
- Section Page Hero
- Page Intro
- Feature Box
What is in the backlog?
Last I checked…….another 20-30 items give or take
How do I keep up?
- Join WIGG
- Explore webtheme.illinois.edu
- View the update posts
The two things we ask of you:
- Use the theme
- Submit your feedback
- Ask in Teams
- Submit a feedback form
- Email any of the Steering Committee Members
- Nate Baxley
College of LAS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Hayden
The Grainger College of Engineering, email@example.com
- Melissa Waller
College of ACES, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt Sharkey
Strategic Marketing & Branding, email@example.com
- Cordelia Geiken
Technology Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nate Baxley